Rye Town Council normally considers and adopts a budget for the coming financial year (April-March) in January.
In determining the precept (local Council Tax) the Council takes into account:
• Its actual income and expenditure to 31 December
• likely income and expenditure for the remainder of the financial year (until 31 March)
• a review of current activities and assets
• inflationary trends
• its reserve levels
• new activities planned for the following year
• requests for grant funding
• nationally-negotiated wage settlements
• asset repairs, renewals and additions
Click here for the current budget.